compression testing machine / automatic / mechanical
The performance of a container in production and transit is critical to the manufacturer. Product failures during filling, packing, warehousing and shipping are costly and can easily be prevented when containers and finished goods are tested for Top-load strength.
Top-load strength is an excellent method to optimize the necessary force required to produce deformation and failure of bottles and containers. Top load strength can also identify thinned areas in the wall of the bottle resulting in poor wall-thickness distribution.
Model 17-77 Compression Tester meets International Standards and Corporate testing methods for compression strength requirements for a variety of materials and products. A new enhanced microprocessor design with servo motor provides precision force and position control for repeatable instrument performance.
Beverage, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals
Blow molded containers for beverage, household use
PET bottles, Tubes and Cores
Stacking strength of cases
16, 20 and 24 inch
ASTM D 2659 Column Crush Properties of Blown Thermoplastic Containers
DIN 55440-1:99 Packaging test; compression test
Maximize Top-load performance quickly and accurately
- Maximum Capacity 2000 LB (8896 N)
- Selection of load cell ranges to Maximum Capacity
- Platen size 13 x 13 in (330 x 330 mm)
- Adjustable pre-load before start of measurement
- Automatic fast return platen saves testing time
- Pre-set keys for storing up to 10 test methods
- Multi-language programmed- 7 languages
- Measuring units include: N, N/m², lb, lb/in², kg, or kg/m²
- RS232C serial data output
- Built-in Printer