Impact testers are designed to determine the impact energy required to break a sample. This information is crucial to manufacturers,as the strength and durability of the product will often determine performance characteristics and marketability. The TMI Impact Testing System uses a high resolution optical encoder and data acquisition to determine the impact resistance of rigid materials in accordance with a wide variety of ASTM and ISO test standards. Interchangeable pendulums and specimen holders are available to measure the impact resistance of a variety of materials. Common test methods include Izod, Charpy, Tension and Laminate testing. Environmental chambers are also available to deliver CO2 or N2 allowing the characterization of materials at cold temperatures. Essentially the Impact test is a single point test that measures a materials resistance to impact from a swinging pendulum. The mass and drop height deliver a definable kinetic energy.
Plastics, Rubber, Light Metals, Ceramics, Wood, Laminates, Adhesives
STANDARDS Conforms to
ASTM D256 and ISO 180 for Izod,
ASTM D256 and ISO 179 for Charpy
ASTM D1822 for Tension Impact testing
A complete line of Izod, Charpy, and Tension Impact accessories are available.
- Digital display, storage and editing of up to 500 readings
- Selectable units (J/m, ft•lb./in., kg•cm/cm, ft•lb/in², kg•cm/cm²,
- RS-232, settable limits, statistics-average, standard deviation, and
- Classification of specimens according to failure category
- Auto calibration - automatically calibrates for windage and friction
- Hammers are quickly and easily interchangeable