LIGHT SCATTER PARTICULATE EMISSION MONITOR
The DM 170 is designed to comply with the TÜV suitability testing scheme to EN 15267 and for measuring dust concentrations in a wide range of industrial applications.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- ProScatter™ Backscatter sensor technology with superior minimum detection as low as 1mg/m³ compared to conventional techniques
- Manual and remote Zero and Span (Reference) checks available to ensure optimal instrument performance
- Purge Flow Fail Sensor and Optical Shield options
- Offers a more reliable PM dust measurement as an alternative to Opacity and Scintillation based monitors for emissions that are reported in mg/m³ and provides
early indication of increased dust emissions in processes with low dust concentrations
- Non-intrusive system designed to operate in noncondensing stack environments and to reduce the risk of contamination
- Contamination risks are further reduced due to singleside stack installation where critical optical components remain outside the stack
- A Flue Gas Blocker can be fitted to ensure that flue gases do not escape when the unit is opened (for auditing/maintenance purposes), thus enhancing on-site personnel safety
The DM 170 is well-suited for use in medium to large stacks and is suitable for low to high dust concentration measurements, regardless of dust velocity or charge.
Typical applications include:
- Continuous Emission Monitoring (CEM) relative to Emission Limit Values (ELV) in Power Plant, Boiler and Metal Smelting applications
- Filter performance monitoring in Metal, Mineral and Chemical plants