4-Way Plug Valve
AFC 4-Way Tapered Plug Valves are designed for throttling and diverting applications. The transfer style plug can be arranged to divert flow into a variety of flow combinations. Heavy duty stainless steel bearings, long-life stem seal, resilient plug facings for dead-tight shutoff, and metal plugs for high temperature applications.
4-Way Tapered Plug Valves are designed to handle clean and dirty, viscous and corrosive liquids, sludge, abrasive and fibrous slurries, and clean and dirty corrosive gases. They are used a variety of applications in Sewage Treatment, Water Treatment & Distribution, Chemical & Petrochemical, Pulp & Paper, Mining, Power and other process industries.
4 -Way Plug Valve Features
– 100% Port Area: Assures low headless while providing expanded passage way for solids, mini-mazing the chance of clogging.
– Conforms to Standard Tee and Cross Dimensions: Allows simplified piping layouts and easy installation into existing piping systems.
– Externally Adjustable Plug: The 2-way thrust bearing design positions the plug in the seat for positive shut off with low operating torque.
– Radial Bearings: Heavy duty T316 Stainless Steel and permanently lubricated for long life and lower operating torque.
– Pop Shims: Packing Overload Protection Shims protect packing by preventing overload during field adjustment.
– Plug: Fully rubber encapsulated molded plug eliminates exposed surfaces preventing corrosion and delamination.
– 0-Ring Type Seating: Raised sealing bead on molded plug assures positive seating and low operating torque.