The SpaceABLE®28 SL radiation resistant transceivers are engineered to withstand radiation doses >100 krad (Si). The SpaceABLE28 SL low profile screw-in module (4.5 mm) mounts to the board via an LGA connector. It is offered as a either a (4+4)-lane transceiver (100G full-duplex) or as separate 12-channel transmitter and 12-channel receiver modules (300G half-duplex as a pair) that operate at 28 Gbps per channel from −40°C to 85°C at ultra-low bit error rates of 10-9.
Features & Benefits
All our devices are tested following ECSS process and lot acceptance. Component pre-screening can be done for every batch of transceivers sold for this application..
- Small: less than 6 mm high (module and interposer)
- Rugged: withstand radiation doses >100 krad (Si) and qualified per MIL-STD 883 shock and vibration.
- Expected life: up to 20 years.
- Cold start temperature: –55ºC.
- Performance: up to 28 Gbps/lane from –40 ºC to 85ºC
- Sensitivity: –9 dBm for BER 10–9
- Low power consumption: 120 mW/lane (<10 pJ per bit)
- 4 TRX (4+4)-lane per device (100G, full duplex)
- 12TX 12-channel transmitter (300G)
- 12RX 12-channel receiver (300G)
- Multimode 850 nm wavelength laser
- Over 100 m reach on OM3 ribbon fiber
- Standard MT parallel fiber connector
- Monitoring: LOS, RSSI, temperature, etc.